Are you looking for the best WooCommerce subscription plugins for your online eCommerce store?
Subscriptions are amongst the popular methods that allow you to accept recurring payments in WordPress. It not only increases the number of sales but also helps you to maintain sales figures on your eCommerce store.
With WooCommerce subscriptions, you also build up your store’s marketing email list that you can use for repeat sales and maintaining revenue of your online WooCommerce store.
Therefore, having a subscription functionality on your WooCommerce store becomes a necessity. And to help you out, we have compiled a list of best WooCommerce subscription plugins for WordPress.
What Are the Best WooCommerce Subscription Plugins?
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – official WooCommerce subscription extension.
- YITH WooCommerce Subscription – Free alternative of WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- WP Simple Pay – best subscription plugin for Stripe.
Top WooCommerce Subscription Plugins to Accept Recurring Payments in 2021
1. WooCommerce Subscriptions
WooCommerce Subscription is the official eCommerce subscription for WordPress developed by the same company behind WooCommerce and WordPress.
It allows you to create and manage subscription products with recurring payments. It comes with multiple subscription types for physical products, virtual products, and services.
Here are some key functionalities that WooCommerce subscription offers –
- Integration with over 25 payment gateways for automatic recurring payments and manual renewal payments,
- Automatic email invoices and receipts,
- Automatic rebilling on failed subscription payments,
- Allow subscribers to upgrade or downgrade their plan,
- Built-in renewal notifications and automatic emails,
- Detailed reporting for tracking number of subscribers, recurring revenue, etc,
- Free trial periods and sign-up fees,
- Flexible product options,
- Allow you to set up subscription expiry dates,
- Subscription coupons, and
- Much more.
WooCommerce subscriptions is a premium add-on for WooCommerce and can be purchased for $199 per year along with 1 year of updates and support.
2. YITH WooCommerce Subscription
Yith WooCommerce subscription is a freemium plugin that allows you to add subscriptions to your WooCommerce store for free.
You can create weekly, monthly, or yearly subscriptions for almost everything including, videos, reviews, courses, podcasts, physical products, downloadable products and services, etc.
YITH comes with some advanced features –
- Accept both automatic and manual payments,
- Support PayPal standard for automatic payments,
- Allow you to choose renewal subscription type (daily or monthly),
- Free trial period and sign-up fee,
- Organize subscription-based product deliveries,
- Print a PDF list of shipping labels with all the addresses of subscription-based deliveries,
- Automatic email notifications on expiration, payment, and cancellation of the subscription plan,
- Coupon types – sign-up fee and recurring fee,
- Customize the “Add to cart” button label,
- Automatic suspension of the subscription on periodical payment failures, and
- Much more.
The premium version of YITH WooCommerce subscription costs $199.99/ year.
3. WP Simple Pay (Built for Stripe)
WP Simple Pay is one of the best Stripe payment plugins for WordPress that allows you to accept one-time and recurring payments on an online eCommerce store.
One of the best things I personally love about WP Simple Pay is that it lets you accept subscription payments without setting up a shopping cart on your WordPress website.
Some of the best features of WP Simple Pay includes –
- Easy-to-use drag and drop form builder to create payment forms,
- It comes with a variety of custom fields including dates, numbers, dropdowns, checkboxes, etc,
- Discounts and coupon codes for one-time and recurring payments,
- Multi-language and multi-currency support,
- Accept non-card payments, i.e., customers can directly pay from their bank accounts with ACH debit payments,
- 3 different form display types – Embed, Overlay, and Stripe checkout,
- Allow you to use Stripe checkout payment pages,
- Allow custom amount payments,
- Add Apple Pay and Google Pay buttons,
- Allow you to customize payment confirmation details, and
- Much more.
Pricing plans of WP Simple Pay start from $99/year for a single site and go as high as $499 for a lifetime with unlimited website usage.
Which WooCommerce Subscription Is Best For Your Online Store?
Choosing the right plugin for your subscription-based WooCommerce store is crucial; it not only affects your customers’ user experience but also the revenue.
But, how should you decide which WooCommerce subscription plugin is best for your online store?
There are multiple ways to choose the plugin. For example, you can choose according to your budget, store’s requirements, etc.
So, if you are looking for a FREE WooCommerce subscription plugin, you should definitely opt for the YITH WooCommerce Subscription plugin.
If you want to accept subscription payments without setting up an online store, you should choose WP Simple Pay.
Also, you can decide by comparing the benefits of each plugin and your requirements.