Imagine having your own Udemy-like E-learning WordPress Website. And what if you can create it with a single Plugin?
It’s absolutely possible!
Thanks to Learning Management System (LMS) plugins for WordPress, using which you can host your courses and lessons on your website.
LMS Plugin helps you upload a course, handle subscriptions, create tests and grade systems without any coding knowledge.
If you always loved teaching, this is how you can reach more students. E-Learning is new normal, and your courses would be a part of it.
Wait no more, here are the best WordPress LMS plugins that can help you design and deliver online courses to every corner of the world.
Free & Paid LMS Plugins For WordPress Website 2022
Once you are settled with a site, the below plugins are going to be your companions.
1. LearnDash – Best WordPress LMS Plugin
Building and scheduling lessons are pretty easy and flexible with LearnDash.
LearnDash WordPress course plugin has a fast and interactive course builder dashboard where you can create quizzes, courses, multilayer lessons of different topics and categories.
- You can upload a series of courses at once or schedule them for later.
To accept payments, you can easily integrate Paypal, Stripe gateways for multiple payment modes.
- LearnDash also helps you manage subscriptions, memberships, student accounts, carts, and more.
If you want to create an advanced course site with exclusive content and better engagement with students, you can integrate LearnDash with WordPress Membership Plugin.
Depending on the number of websites you want to manage, LearnDash has three types of paid plans starting from $159 to $329.
If you are lucky, you can get a discounted price for the pricing plans.
2. LifterLMS – Create & Sell Online Courses
For a sleek teaching-Learning experience for you and your students, LifterLMS is wonderful.
It’s easy to use and comes with features like multi-tier lessons, training modules, categories, and more. You can upload singular courses or even a degree program with a series of lessons.
LifterLMS WordPress plugin also comes with email automation, gamification, certificates for students, and content restrictions based on memberships.
- You can also install LifterLMS add-ons to integrate affiliates and eCommerce features on your website.
- With Paypal or Stripe, you can easily set up one-time payments or recurring payments for the courses.
LifterLMS has individual Add-on to purchase or you can go with bundle plans. You’ll get add-ons for $120 each/year for a single site. The prices of bundle plans are higher, but you get to manage more sites with integrated add-ons.
3. MemberPress Courses
MemberPress is not just the LMS Plugin. It’s the WordPress Membership Plugin with LMS features.
So you not only get the LMS features but advanced membership management as well.
- The tool allows you to upload courses, images, sell downloadables, design exclusive content, and manage tiers of memberships.
Memberpress also provides you with a fully visual drag-and-drop builder to create a course website. You can easily control course availability based on the type of membership a student has opted for.
- Course scheduling, course progress tracking, student forums, and classroom mode are some more features to provide engaging courses for students.
To grab the attention of more students, you can host giveaways and discount coupons on your courses.
- And like all the above tools, payment gateway integrations are pretty smooth with MemberPress Courses.
If you are a beginner with a single course site, go ahead with the basic plan worth $179/year. For more advanced features and multiple site support, the Plus or Pro plan would be more suitable.
4. Teachable – For Content Creators to Share & Monetize Their Knowledge
Teachable is rather a standalone LMS tool. It’s not a WordPress plugin, but you can connect it to WordPress.
The advantage of this tool is that you don’t essentially need a website. Teachable will handle all your course material, including backups and security.
It has built-in email marketing features along with course analytics and performance. It helps you organize one-on-one coaching, group sessions,
You can even start discussion forums and quizzes for your students. The feature of launching discount coupon codes comes in handy to attract more enrollments.
Since it’s a SaaS LMS tool, you’ll have to pay a percentage of transaction fees with Teachable. The tool offers a free plan with limited features, and paid plans start from as low as $29/month and go up to $99/month.
Final Words On Top 4 Best WordPress LMS Plugins – Compared (2022)
Have you finalized the best LMS WordPress plugin for your website yet?
- If you want a simple e-course site, any of the above plugins would be perfect. You can start with LifterLMS if you don’t have a website of your own.
- But if you want a full-fledge Udemy-like eLearning site, go ahead with plugins that have membership management features. In this case, LearnDash would be the best choice for you.
First, evaluate what kind of payment and membership structure you want to have. That will help you finalize the LMS plugin.
In any case, you can always upgrade to advanced features.
All The best for your coaching site!