What are the plugins that you should install on your WordPress blog or business website?
Because there are over 54,000 plugins available, out of which you have to install a few of the best plugins fit for your website needs.
Well, there’s nothing to worry about, we’re here to rescue you.
We have compiled a list of must-have essential WordPress plugins that you should definitely install on your WordPress website.
These plugins will make your website SEO-friendly, secure, and performance-optimized.
Let’s dive in.
1. Yoast SEO (Search Engine Optimization Plugin)
Yoast SEO fulfills all of your WordPress SEO requirements which includes –
- Set canonical URLs for duplicate content.
- Automatic XML Sitemap generation.
- Title and meta description of posts, pages, categories, taxonomies, custom post types, etc.
- Content and SEO analysis which checks inbound and outbound links, image alt attributes, title and meta description length, etc.
- Content readability checks like percentage of transition words, passive voice, paragraph length, etc.
Pricing of Yoast SEO
You will get all of the main features in the free version of Yoast SEO which can be downloaded from WordPress Repository.
If you would like to purchase a premium version, you can download it from its official website.
2. UpdraftPlus (Backup and Restore Plugin)
UpdraftPlus is one of the best WordPress back-ups and restores plugins.
It offers some powerful features which include –
- Automatic scheduled backups.
- Cloud Backups to services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, etc.
- File and database backups in a single click.
- Multi-site and multi-network compatibility.
- Database encryption.
- Advance reporting.
Pricing of UpdraftPlus
Pricing plans of UpdraftPlus starts from $70 for 2 site licenses and went up to $300 for unlimited licenses.
If you’re not interested in the pro plans and only in some features of pro plans, then you can also purchase separate add-ons for –
- Migrator ($30-$80)
- Automatic backups ($25)
- Network/Multisite ($25)
- And many more.
3. Sucuri (Security WordPress Plugin)
Sucuri WordPress plugin is one of the best security solutions for WordPress websites.
It offers some important security features –
- Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
Pricing of Sucuri WordPress Plugin
Sucuri pricing plans start from $199 and went up to enterprise custom plans.
The difference in the pricing plans is because of the security features, level of security, and the support response time.
4. WP Rocket (Caching Plugin)
WP Rocket is a speed and performance optimization plugin for WordPress websites.
Apart from the basic caching plugin functionalities like page caching, browser caching, and Gzip page compression, WP Rocket provides some advanced features like –
- Cache Preloading
- Render-blocking CSS & JS
- File minification and concatenation
- Media optimization (Lazy load and disable non-useful resources like emojis)
- Database optimization by removing revisions, drafts, spam & trashed comments, etc)
- It also lets you integrate with services like CDN, Sucuri, Varnish, etc.
One of the best things about WP Rocket is that it is fully compatible with multisite, ecommerce, and multilingual plugins like WPML and polylang.
WP Rocket Pricing Plans
Despite the fact, it is a premium plugin, it is still worthy of its price.
WP Rocket comes at a cheap price of $49 per site license with 1 year of support and updates.
If you have more than 1 website, you can go for higher plans.
Wrapping it up
This concludes our list of the must-have WordPress plugins for blog and business websites.
These plugins will come handy regardless of your niche.
If you’ve done a fresh WordPress installation, also check out the essential WordPress settings that you should do in your WordPress blog.
Let us know if you’ve any doubts or queries regarding any of the above plugins.